Lupita Nyong’o, Jessica Simpson, Julianna Margulies, Kristen Bell, Robin Wright, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Tony Goldwyn, casts of “Veep,” “Scandal,” and “House Cards” — the annual White House Correspondents’ Association dinner celebrated its 100th anniversary this weekend.
I was lucky enough to do some freelance work for US Weekly during the festivities (because when there’s 15 parties over three days it takes a village of reporters to cover).
Some fun tidbits I picked up in my adventures:
- The cast of “Veep” didn’t know about Julia Louis-Dreyfus making a video with Vice President Joe Biden.
- For you sports fans, Tony Romo and Tim Tebow were hanging out together during the Vanity Fair party. They were quite the handsome duo.
- Tony and Jessica Simpson didn’t chat during the festivities.
- Michael Kelly from “House of Cards” said he doesn’t know his character’s fate (for all of you who have watched the second season).
- AnnaSophia Robb is one of the tinest people I have ever seen.
- Armie Hammer is one of the nicest celebs out there.
- The cast of “Scandal” — Tony Goldwyn, Darby Stanchfield, Guillermo Díaz, Jeff Perry, Katie Lowes, Dan Bucatinsky, Scott Foley and Bellamy Young — attended several parties in mass, hung out together, and genuinely seemed to like one another.
And here’s a picture from Saturday’s Garden Brunch. See if you can spot the celebs!